Sunday, February 21, 2010

Here I Go Again......

Tomorrow we go back to LA. Mere is staying with the girls and Tommie is going with me (again). The place where time crawls and I get stuck with lots of needles. I'm not really sure what this trip with bring. All I know is that I am having a myelogram on Tuesday. They are pre-medicating me with steroids and B.enadryl and keeping me in the hospital overnight. I'm also still on D.ilantin so I am really hoping there is no seizure in my future. Someone asked me....how can you be so scared of something that you don't remember? I don't know. It is strange. I do remember a few little moments but it is strange to be so scared of something that is largely removed from my consciousness.

I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. Rather or not I will actually have surgery, I don't know. I'm thinking that if the myelogram is normal then they will do a large volume blood patch. The truth is, I have NO IDEA. What I do know....I really don't want to go again!!!!!

We are so blessed with amazing friends, family, and church.

I'll keep you posted.....unless I'm on a morphine drip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Jess. We will be thinking of you and praying for you here in Boston. We sent you some fun treats in the mail. If you haven't received it yet, tell Meredith to be on the lookout. Sending a hug and good vibes to you.
Mo and Carly

Anonymous said...

Well Dr Jo I didn't know you were going trough all of this...I will be putting you in my prayers every night...Good luck I hope you get better soon!!!! Angie Ivie RN at Harris Hosp...we miss you there :)

K J and the kids said...

As much as I'd like you to be there on the 3rd. Hoping you are home within the week.
Good luck

Sonya said...

Thinking of you!

K said...

Thinking of you and your family!!!