Wednesday, November 25, 2009

They Are Here!!!



Guess what came this morning? A brand new pair of freshly knitted socks. Oh yeah, baby! I have the best MIL ever....eat your hearts out...she is mine!!! When I found out I was having surgery I asked Mere to ask her mom for a new pair of socks for surgery. Less then a week later and they have arrived. I put them on (briefly) to take a pic but I won't wear them again until I get to LA and start all my tests/surgery. They will make me smile, keep me connected, and keep my family with me even when I am alone. A tall order for some socks but if you wore them, you would understand! They really are more than socks.
And...thank you to my SIL, Melissa...this was supposed to be her pair for Christmas. Trust me, giving up a pair of these suckers is a sacrifice.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

8 comments:

CJ said...

Oh, those are awesome! I can't do socks or slippers and it hasn't been for lack of trying! I think it's a conspiracy! I wear flip flops, even in the winter. I hate socks. They, apparently, hate me too!

Sarah said...

great great socks!!
I wrote a long and thought out comment yesterday, tried to post it and got an error msg. The crux of it was: love your blog. Your family is in my thoughts, and the lemony snicket books are great on tape. Also, try some Margaret Cho, if you don;t mind that sort of humor.

best of luck

Raine said...

Wow, those are great looking socks. A sister-in-law makes them for us at Christmas. The very best gift. We will be thinking of you and your family. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

Mary E said...

I'm going to cry now :(

Unknown said...

hmmm. I love hand knitted socks. I was going to be feel really outdone if your MIL knitted AND sent them to you all in less than a week. I am glad you explained.

Best of luck. Take deep breaths and remember that lots of people are rooting for you.

K J and the kids said...

Those ROCK !
I hope between the drugs and the socks you are smiling from ear to ear.

becca said...

nothing like a new pair of socks. i can't even imagine how nice a hand knitted new pair might be.
our family will be thinking about your family-have a safe journey...

Sonya said...

Those are awesome! I'm glad that they make you smile and fill you all up with love and happiness. Go socks! Go MIL!