1. Always keep both hands on the handlebars.
2. Look straight ahead, don't look behind or worry about the next hill. Concentrate on what is right in front of you.
3. Sometimes it is better to coast instead of peddle.
4. Faster is not always better.
5. Wear your helmet, it hurts less when you get knocked down (or run into a pole)!
6. When you fall, get right back up and on the bike.
7. Move over when other bikers want to pass you.
8. Pay attention.
9. Sometimes the wind in your hair is reward enough.
10. Relax, have fun, and stay calm if you feel like you are going to lose control.